Monday, March 14, 2011

Movie Review Monday - Does a Book Count?

My friend recently invited me to be a part of her book club. I absolutely love to read and was thrilled to be asked to join! Seriously, before having kids, I could lose myself in a book for an entire day or more, and when jolted back into reality, I'd find myself searching the sky for Dementors or reaching for my wand to vanquish the bad guy.  Okay, maybe I'm not that much of a dork, but just about.

Since Gabe & Avi have joined our ranks, I don't have nearly enough time to read . . . or watch movies, for that matter! That is why I'm sneaking in a book review on Movie Review Monday. =)

This month's book is The Scent of Rain & Lightning. I love it. I can't put it down.  Last night, Nate was begging me to put it down so that he could get some sleep. My sweet guy has trouble falling asleep if I'm not next to him or if the lights aren't out. Isn't that the sweetest? The only downside is that if I'm not quite ready to fall asleep, its just too bad. Anyways, right now, as I should be working, I'm thinking about the book and wondering . . . Who really did it?

If you've read the book, DON'T tell me! I'm a little over halfway finished. I think the "bad guy" really is bad and may end up hurting someone before the book is over, but I don't think he killed Jody's dad.  You want to know who I think did it? I think it was her mom. Who is still missing.  Duh-duh-duh-nuh. (That's scary music, by the way.)

If you're reading the book, what do you think?  If you've read it, what did you think while reading it (WITHOUT giving away the end)? =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh-duh-duh-nuh? Like the Monday Night Football theme? That's not scary! :)

My Heart Blogged said...

I will have to keep an eye out for it. I love books, and I always buy them from a used bookstore in my area. I add this to my list.
My Heart Blogged