Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Wishes

Really, my only wish for this weekend is that is was longer. *sigh* Don't we all feel that way?? Other than that, despite the hex of death sickness that is upon on our house, it was still pretty amazingly wonderful. =)

First, I want to thank my lovely readers for all of your well wishes! I'm *still* fighting this darn ear infection.  There are moments when the pain is gone and all is bliss.  Then, bam!! Its back with a vengeance and on top of it, the pressure . . . Oh, the pressure! Sometimes, it feels like the kiddos are yelling right into my ear when they're a few feet away.  Anywhoo, back to the happiness that is my blog!

Despite the on and off ear pain, I decided it would be fun to load up the kids, leave daddy at home and head to the beach.  Now, granted, we brought along Aunt Gracie, Aunt Staci and their favorite little "cousin", Jack, for backup. But still, in my house, when we do anything without daddy, it's quite the undertaking. The kids had a blast, of course. Gabe was an angel, thanks to bribes of cheetos and gum, and when we left, he said, "That was a fun day, mom!" And my heart melted. =)

Even with the kids along, I had a few seconds to myself to enjoy the sand in my toes and the sun in my hair!


2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm with you on the longer weekend idea. I had to take a sick day yesterday and it was lovely having one more day off (despite the constant runny nose and headache). Have a great week.

xo L.

Tara said...

I am so very, very jealous of you lucky ducks who can decide to just head to the beach for the day! Living in Atlanta, a beach trip isn't quite the undertaking it was when I lived in Indiana, but it does still require a little bit of preplanning. Obviously, I need to work on that :)