Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day Two & A Few Spots

Day Two

It's Day Two of my FWFFC (Four Week Fitness & Finance Challenge). Thank you to Kish of Me, Myself & Style for shortening it for me. She is seriously the Acronym Queen!  So, on this gorgeous day that would have been perfect for a run, did I actually get up at the crack of dawn and follow through, you ask.  Um, no, I did not.  How terrible is it that it's only Day Two and I'm already slacking in the fitness department?!? To be fair, I'm operating on three hours of sleep. And no, for those of you that aren't moms, that's not because I spent a totally awesome night out partying. Unless you count sitting up and holding the sick Little Missy, so that SHE could get some sleep, partying. Yeah, I didn't think you did. lol I'm 99.9% sure she has another ear infection. Darn my husband and his rotten tubes that my kids inherited!

Anyways, back to my FWFFC. Today will be my "rest" day, which means that I have to run and do the gym every day for the rest of the week! That'll be tough, but since I have all of you lovelies making me accountable, I'll stick to it!  As for the Finance part of my challenge, I'm doing pretty good. I only spent a few bucks at Publix yesterday on some necessary items that I forgot to get when I did the grocery shopping (bottled water - well, it's obvious why that's important! Flavored creamer - so that I don't need to visit Starbucks. And light italian dressing - so that I'll actually eat the salad I bought to help me with the fitness part of the challenge).  The test will be when I go to fill the Little Missy's prescription this afternoon at Target.  Any bets on how that will go???

A Few Spots

Check out my spotty tunic! =)

Tunic dress: Target ($10.00!)
Leggings: Borrowed from my Sis
Peep Toe Wedges: Target

So, last week when Claire at Spinning Threads mentioned that Target's designer dresses were marked down to $10.00, I of course went straight there the next morning. Well, the only one that my Target had left was the tunic pictured above. It's an X-Large. Who buys something two sizes too big? I do, that's who! =) It really wasn't that attractive on the hanger. It was big and shapeless, but I had an idea in my head of how I could style it and Voila!! I think it worked.

This is actually what I wore Friday night to dinner when we were in Destin. It stormed. (See the picture below.) But the storm actually made the evening so much fun! We had to run through the rain to get from the walkway to The Crazy Lobster, where we ate. We decided to sit outside, where the tables overlook the water, because they had a clear plastic tarp type of material closing the porch in. The storm (crazy thunder and lightning) made for a perfect atmosphere on the porch.

Rain, rain, go away (at least, before it's time to lay out on the beach tomorrow!)

Calamari sitting in habanero olive oil tossed with banana peppers - delicious!

Necklace: Premier Designs
Bracelets: Target

And I leave you with another picture of me & my guy. =)

11 comments:

County Road Homemaker said...

I think the tunic being a bit big is PERFECT! You inspire me to want to try a few of your styles :D
Sorry to hear little girl is not feeling well. My husband has those horrible genes also. But so far only the oldest has seemed to have inherited them!
Good luck on your FWFFC I know you can do it!!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

I often skip my planned workout and just turn that day into a rest day too. Sometimes I even hold up to the next few days of not skipping workouts too. Sometimes I don't though.

The Suburb Experiment said...

That's the dress that I'm hoping is still at my local Target! I think it looks good oversized and belted like you have it here.

I hope your poor sweetie feels better soon.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Being a Mom makes workouts tricky! I hope little Miss feels better soon :( Knock on wood, we have only had one bout with EI's which I think is pure luck!
Don't worry about Target - nothing there was calling my name this morning, you don't even NEED to look! :)
What IS calling my name however is that calamari, yummy!

Claire said...

yum! love that you and your hubby go out on dates a lot. i've been trying to do the same!

YAY re: tunic! i bought that same one and i love it. so glad you were able to run out there and get a $10 item! i seriously went a little crazy and bought like 5 of the dresses. all the ones i returned i rebought. it was ridiculous. but then, they were $10. so basically i bought all of them for the original price of 1 of them. what a deal!!!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Claire said...

p.s. so sorry about the ear infection. i totally feel you on that. it's so hard when you have a sick kid. it's awful. hope she feels better soon!

Tara said...

I love when the Target dresses show up on the $10 rack...I'm kind of hoping some of the St. Barth items end up there at some point, although I'm not holding my breath. I really liked some of the stuff, but I'm not really up for spending the big bucks (by Target standards) on it:)

I'm so sorry the little miss isn't feeling well. Hope tonight goes better!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Love the last photo. What a cute couple!
I do that too, buying tops too large and wearing them as tunics or dresses!
Sorry about the sick baby girl. I totally know the feeling.
Good luck with the exercise goals this week.
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Andie said...

I hope your little one gets well soon!

tell me more about crazy lobster. we've never been there- we may have to check it out!

KC said...

(insert inappropriate-construction worker's-whistle here)
You look great in that tunic!
Sorry about little Missy's ears, but kudos to you for being an awesome mommy and revising your plan of action! Still rootin' for you!

Viktoria said...

I love this look! I think it looks perfect for summer--- the larger size allows for more of a breeze! :)