Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet a Friend Monday - Whitney & A Feature!!

It's another edition of Meet a Friend Monday and today, I'd like to introduce you to the ever-adorable Whitney of Between the Lines

I must say, the best thing about guest blogging is not having to come up with a clever title. That takes off some of the pressure.
But not all of it.

I’m Whitney and I gladly took on the pressure to guest for Tiffany today. I have said this before, but I’ll say it again anyway (I’m not afraid of repetition!)—I definitely feel as though Tiffany is one of my besties. We’ve never met in real life, but I love her blog and style. I definitely feel a connection with her and I have to keep myself from calling her “Tiff,” “Tiffo,” or “Tiffers” when I comment or respond to her sweet comments on my blog.

My blog is entitled “Between the Lines” and I focus on my experiences as a young, newlywed, teacher. “Between the Lines” refers to this in-between stage of life where you’re growing with another person while also creating yourself as a responsible, professional, and independent adult (some might call this co-dependency – I call it marriage). My blog is a way to document and make goals for my style, fitness regimens, relationships, and finances (with all the fun stories along the way) (I also abuse parentheses and html commands i, b, and u).

So many changes happen in your early-to-mid twenties and I am definitely enjoying my journey!

Ten Things I do in my blog:

1.  I make lists.
2.  I start off with a big bold phrase ending with a colon letting you know what I’m doing next.
3.  I post my daily outfits (and talk about how I make my outfits teacher-appropriate)

Some of my favorite outfits I’ve worn:

4.  I talk about how cheap my outfits are.  I give a price for each item. This has been rather interesting for me to see which items were worth the investment—and which sale items I got at a really super awesome deal.

5.  I do “Ten Things Tuesday.” (I’m a huge fan of alliteration, as well)

6.  Awkward & Awesome Thursday (I’m full of awkward. The awesome just happens to me somewhere along the way). I really think you can tell a lot about a person by the awkward stories they admit to.
Some of my favorite awkward moments:

Seeing someone from far away and realizing you need to talk to them. By the time you near them, someone else has snatched them up. So...options are to act like you suddenly remembered something you had to do in an opposite direction or wait in line. I chose to hover. Awk. Ward.

Discovering that my gym has cameras inside the work out area. Why is this awkward? Well, I was alone in the gym. And I decided that I would skip a lap around the workout area. Just because I could. It was worth it.

I went to Sephora with my mom and sister this week and "Valerie" came on the speakers. It's one of my favorite cardio songs I listen to while I work out, so I'm dancing in the aisle and singing along. I turn the corner, and there's a Sephora associate staring at me. I smiled and kept singing (then slowly turned the corner and booked it to the other side of the store).

(Told ‘ya I am full of awkward.)
If you want more go here.

7.  I talk about my goals—and whether I’ve done well with them or completely failed. And I always try to be honest.

8.  I talk about husband. It even makes me sick sometimes. I’ll stop before I start to gush all over Tiffany’s blog, too.

9.  My experiences as a young teacher. (I love my job and I gush about it, too)

10. Hobbies.  I have all kinds of interests and crazy activities that keep me un-bored. And I hope they keep you unbored, too.

I hope you enjoyed my little guest appearance. I love making new friends—so stop by and say “Hello”!  Thanks, Tiffany, for letting me hijack your blog for a day! You’re fabulous!

Seriously, Whitney is super cute and oh-so funny! So, head over to her blog and check her out! 

Oh, and one last thing... I'm featured today on A Working Mom's Closet!!  It's my very first feature or guest post of sorts and I'm all kinds of excited about it, so go check it out!! =) 

6 comments:

Style Journey said...

I saw you over there at Melissa's! Yah for your first guest post!

Whitney is hilarious! We love her ten things Tuesday and her Awesome and Awkward Thursday features the best. Plus, she looks really cute and stylish without spending a ton of money.

Heather

Bravoe Runway said...

I'll definitely check out her blog, she sounds like a funny lady and the awkward and awesome features are always hilarious!

Autumn Vangor said...

I enjoy Whitney's blog so now I'll check out Tiffany's! Thanks guys!!

CB said...

I loved writing for your blog! Thanks for having me!

I enjoyed your guest post--you're adorable!

PS: I also love that your blog colors match the Tiffany & Co seafoam green color. Definitely the reason I like that color. :)

Lissa said...

Congrats on being featured!! :o)

KC said...

This is great! Another blogger, another teacher, and another daily read for me!