Monday, September 26, 2011

Meet a Friend Monday - Lissa

Before I introduce today's special guest, I just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to all of you for the sweet birthday wishes!! Y'all are the best!  Okay, now on to more important things!  Today I have the pleasure of introducing you to someone who is not only one of my best bloggie buddies, but also someone I've known since we were tots!  She's cute as can be, a fantastic mom and a great friend!  Without further ado, meet Lissa

Hey, y'all!!  I was very excited when Tiff asked me to guest post on her blog!!
I am lucky enough to have the pleasure of knowing her beyond the blog world.  Actually, I have known her most of my life...we even graduated high school together. (When was that, Tiff...like 3 or 4 yrs ago??)  ;o)
She is a great friend, a wonderful wife and mother..and a total sweetheart for allowing me to post on her blog.  

So, Tiff knows the answers to the following questions.  
But for everyone else who is "meeting" me for the first time..let me fill ya in.  :o)

Who?  
I am Mommy to my 9 yr old daughter, Toots...Babe to my boyfriend, D... and Melissa or Lissa to the rest of the world.  
I am a Southern girl, a lover of Chinese food, a coffee addict, a football fanatic, a bit of a tight-wad/cheap-skate/queen of the thrift but most importantly, a Sinner saved by Grace!

What?
 Since I started blogging, I have discovered "my style" and like to share it via modestly-fashioned outfit posts.


I am a thrift store, garage sale and clearance rack shopper, so I enjoy sharing some of my thrifty purchases. 
Total shopping trip...$10.

I also share tips and ideas that I use for my frugal-living (or as I like to call it...being cheap).
Dollar Tree pizza...$4!

Mostly, my posts are about my life and my family and how God has blessed me so unbelievably!  
My little family!

Where?  
South Mississippi AND South Louisiana.  I live in MS but spend my weekends in LA.  Yeah, it's a little complicated/hectic at the moment.  lol   However, God is leading me thru it and I know that I am following His Will for my life, so it won't do any good to complain, right?  ;o)

When?  
I started blogging in February 2011.  It was something I had always wanted to do, so I decided to give it a try.  Thus began From Lissa...with LOVE!  It started out just about random things that were on my mind, then more about the things that I enjoy (thrifting, frugal living, fashion experimenting, ect.).  My life has changed drastically since February, so after a brief hiatus from blogging I came back but with a new blog and a new direction....giving birth to My Southern-Fried Christian Life

Why?  
I started blogging for purely selfish reasons, meaning I did it for myself just so I could check it off  of my "Things to do before I die" list.  Then I began to realize that as much as I was enjoying it, others were enjoying it much more.  Sometimes when you don't have very many followers or don't get many comments on a post you think that nobody is reading, but that isn't always the case.  I will run into someone that I don't see often and hear "I love reading your blog!" or get a comment on Facebook saying "You made me smile today with what you posted!".  
THAT makes it all worth it!   
But whether it is for myself and/or for others...I hope to do it all the the honor and glory of God!

Thank you to Tiffany for allowing me this opportunity and to you guys for taking a moment out of your day to learn a little more about yours truly!!

Now that you know a little more about her, head on over to Lissa's blog and say hi!!


7 comments:

Bravoe Runway said...

Lissa sounds like an amazing person with high spirits and energy! I can certinly see why you two are such great friends. I'm going to visit her blog now :D Thank you for the intro!

Lissa said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Thank you for the feature! :o)

Style Journey said...

We just love Lissa! We found her originally from Lissa with Love and were happy to have her back on her new blog. We were drawn to her frugal living posts and her authenticity. Even though we have only met her through blogging, she seems like a wonderful person inside and out! Heather and Kayla

oomph. said...

always nice to meet other mom bloggers who do it all :) loving all the maxis in her outfit posts.

btw...the mastiffs are great dogs! huge, tho! my sister has/had two, one died this year :(
http://rockoomph.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-photo-diary-2.html

[oomph.]

Claire said...

how cool, Lissa sounds awesome. i love finding new mommy bloggers and i like her modest style!

http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Wida said...

Thrifting is amazing <3


Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

my thrifty closet said...

what a fabulous mommy. Nice to know other mommy bloggers. I like thrifty modest style!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com