Monday, November 21, 2011

Meet a Friend Monday - Emily

Happy Monday, lovelies! =) Today I'd like to introduce you to Emily! Emily is the beautiful and incredibly sweet blogger at Tinfoil Tiaras.  She has an incredibly wide range of style and I'm always inspired when I visit her corner of the blogosphere.  Without any more of my ramblings, meet Emily! 

Hi everyone my name is Emily and I’m a personal fashion blogger over at Tinfoil Tiaras.  Just like Julie,I also have to apologize to Tiffany for being tardy for the party-usually us women are so good at multi-tasking! (And here's where I insert and say it's realllly no big deal! The one time I was asked to guest post, I forgot about it and didn't send in my post until the day it was due... which caused the post to be pushed back. lol Seriously, no worries!) =) 


I started Tinfoil Tiaras over a year ago as a way to document my outfits and inject some creativity into my life.  Little did I know that blogging would soon become my biggest addiction.  If I don’t blog for a few days I start going into blogger’s withdrawal (and believe me when I say it’s not a pretty sight!)


I’m at that awkward early 20s stage in life where I’ve started doing some soul searching.  I have a degree in Social Work but found the work highly stressful and disheartening so I have recently started dabbling in marketing, fashion writing and photo shoot styling.  The one constant throughout has been my blog.  I love how supportive the fashion blog community is (wouldn’t it be fun if we could all get together for a massive clothing swap?!)
 

As a recent graduate working entry level positions, my wallet is sparse so the majority of my closet is second hand, either vintage or thrifted.  I always loved thrift shopping but lately I have become somewhat of a self professed thrifting princess (who wears a tinfoil tiara of course!) As you can tell by my photos I love to wear feminine dresses, bright colours and flirty skirts and my favourite way to accessorize is with belts, scarves and sky high shoes!


Some random facts about me- I collect nail polish (owning over 100 bottles) (wow!! That's a lot of polish!), I’m a vegetarian,  I live in Ottawa Canada, I have two cats named Marley and Mama Sita, I’m scared of downhill skiing, I’m addicted to fashion blogger challenges and in 2 weeks I’ll be a certified Zumba instructor!

Thanks to Tiffany for letting me share my story and don’t be shy-pop on by I love to see new faces!

Thank you, Emily, for being our guest!!  If you aren't already familiar with Emily and all of her fabulousness (yes, that is a word! Or at least, it is now...), then go check her out and say hi! 

And while you're here, don't forget to enter my giveaway! One lucky reader will win a $50 gift card!!

16 comments:

Style Journey said...

Hey, so nice to see Emily over here! She is so stylish and creative. Emily has an awesome collection of scarves too. Love her blog! Great sense of humor and style :)

The Suburb Experiment said...

As much fun as it is to see "new to me" bloggers featured, it's also pretty cool to see ones I already read. I'm glad you included the all-stripes outfit - one of my faves!

Jenn

Bonnie said...

I love Emily! She is one of the sweetest people ever.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

I love Emily Blog

jean said...

What a great blog! I'm looking forward to reading more

http://callchristina.blogspot.com/

skippysays said...

I love Emily's blog, and she featured some of my favorite outfits of hers!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

skippysays said...

I love Emily's blog, and she featured some of my favorite outfits of hers!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Shybiker said...

Hurray! I love Emily and her blog. Great guest-post.

J9 STYLE said...

Great post! She has great taste and a fun outlook on life!

Bravoe Runway said...

Oooo Another new blog you've introduced us to..going to check her out now ;)

Kassi said...

She has great style - I am a big fan!

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Claire said...

i love emily! she has such a bold style. she always looks fab!!!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

my thrifty closet said...

hello Emily! So good to see you here, always enjoy her fun, feminine, sassy outfits

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Definingtabitha said...

Thank you for sharing - I love finding and stumbling upon new bloggers. :)

Dawn said...

Emily is the bomb diggity, sweet, smart, funny, honest and comes up with the cutest trends. I am def. a follower. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I love the way she dresses!