Thursday, December 8, 2011

Open to Interpretation

You know, I really wish that I had taken pictures of my boring khaki pants and crisp white top that I wore to teach on Tuesday. Do you want to know why? It would make this story I'm about to tell you so much better, that's why! There I was, sitting at a table, surrounded by adorable 3rd graders, when one of them sweetly asked if they could borrow a pencil. So, I stretched and reached all the way across to the head of the table, grabbed a pencil from the pencil jar, started to sit back down and backhanded my cup of coffee right into my lap! For about an hour and a half, I looked like I had a serious little accident. But, I learned something. When coffee dries on khaki pants, it's almost the exact same color as khaki! =)

Now, that I've rambled on and on about something that has literally nothing to do with my post today, I'll get to the point. Today is Open to Interpretation!! Which basically means that either Kayla, Amy or Erica pick out a picture and we all use it for inspiration and it's totally open to our interpretation. Fun, right? 

This is the picture that Erica picked out:

Pretty, right?

Well, here's what I came up with.

Striped top: Gap ($10)
Black vest: Bealls ($6)
Red jeans: TJMaxx ($14.99)
Steve Madden Booties: 6pm.com (Gift)
Jewelry: My Sissy's

Do I love it? Nah, not so much.  Here's the problem.  My jeans are like neon red, not that pretty dark red like the model is wearing. I didn't even realize that red could be neon, but it can.  These jeans right here?  They're neon.  And they're too big.  I don't know what possessed me to buy a pair of jeans without trying them on, but silly little me, that's what I did. And the shirt is too big, too. I think I bought it when I was pregnant and wasn't quite ready to wear maternity clothes.  So, yeah, I'm wearing a pair of electrifyingly bright red jeans that have a saggy butt and a shirt that's all stretched out from when I had a massive baby belly. It's pretty safe to say I don't love this outfit.  But at least it looks okay in the pictures. =)


I was even inspired to wear something in my hair. I don't have any big ole furry hats.  Or any hats at all except my pink Adidas running hat. So . . . I wore a little hair clip. =)


And here you all can see my sister's ring I've pretty much stolen. And my chipped polish.  I kind of love this ring and think I'm just going to hang onto it for a while. =)

So, go here to see all the other bloggers who are participating in this fun little project!

Also, I'm linking up with Monday Mingle and The Pleated Poppy!

Oh, and don't forget to go enter my Shabby Apple giveaway!!!

30 comments:

Style Journey said...

You are too funny. At least the coffee blended in with your khaki pants :) Although your pants are neon red, they are AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

Oh, the love of coffee and spills while teaching. I feel you on this one:)

I love this outfit. I think it is so cute. The pants are a great red color and from the pics look terrific on you.

Julie

Erica said...

Haha! I'm glad the coffee blended in!

And I think those pants look great! If they don't fit right, do you have a friend that can tailor them? But I think the color is fabulous, and I love the red with the grey booties. So cute.

Thanks for participating!

North Meets South

Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

Are you crazy girl?! You look fabulous! I love your bright red pants and striped shirt and I love that you did something different than the chunky sweater! Thanks for joining!

Kayla Moncur said...

I actually really like the pants! And those shoes are to die for. So glad you decided to join in!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Rachel said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! Your outfit is really cute! I think I need some red pants like that. Glad the coffee dried okay. My second graders spilled stuff on me all the time, but fortunately, I could never see it because of my big baby belly! ha!

Preethi said...

I'm with the others - I actually really love the red pants! And the booties. They are darling.

yiqin; said...

you rocked the red pants <3

Cara said...

I'll use your story for my justification of why I don't drink coffee (and pretend it's not health related). And wow, those are really red! If they were mine, I'd *accidently* wash them with something really black to tone them down! However, if you've got the guts to pull them off, do it!

Unknown said...

Maybe the pants are even brighter in person, but in the photo they are fabulous! Just the perfect shade of red! And those shoes are gorgeous.

Merrick
merricksart

Fitness By Alicia said...

I don't think the pants look too bright based on the photos! I'd wear them any time.

Megan G said...

This is such a cute outfit! I love the pants. My pair of red jeans are also neon - I wear them all the time!

Loren said...

Ha, I love that you posted these photos even though you weren't happy with the out come. I am rarely that brave. But I think you're still adorable. And now you have something to add to your shopping list. GIANT FURRY HAT! :)

Sassy Engineer said...

I used to spill stuff on myself everyday so I got really good at getting out stains! I wore some bright pants today too :)

signature mix said...

I had a similar spaz moment with my coffee this morning. It landed all over some important paperwork rather than my clothes but it's good to know that it blends well with khaki. I like this super bright shade of red even if it's electrifying! That ring is so pretty. I can see why you "borrowed" it for so long. Oh and thanks for the sweet comment!

Unknown said...

Haha I am such a klutz so it's rare a day goes by without spilling something on myself (and it's always when wearing light colours isn't it!) I actually really like these pants-look great in photos and the inspiration photo is very Gap-esque!

rlutz said...

I should wear khaki pants every days since I always manage to spill coffee on me...that is the exact reason I can't wear white shirts!

My Beautiful World said...

I have just found your lovely blog through another hop I'm now following you hope you visit me and follow back so nice to find new friends to catch up with. Have a great day.

Always Wendy

Letícia said...

we got a super cool look
so much fun today and loved it!
=D
rockerglam.blogspot.com

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

I love those booties!

Bravoe Runway said...

Hmmmm I am not seeing any chipped nail polsih so I think your nails look great! So sorry to hear about the coffee accident...that stinks but atleast it does dry and turn into the same colour of your khakis!

Shea Lennon said...

I love the picture of you showing off that ring, it's too cute! And I like those bright red pants--they're so much fun!

silvergirl said...

funny that the coffee dried to the same color as your pants lol
don't you hate when an outfit looks so good in your mind and when you look in the mirror you have to wonder what went wrong...
brett

Katherine said...

Awww sorry about the coffee accident though it's hilarious that they dried the same color! I love the red pants on you.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Tiffany, you are too funny girl! HAHAHA That's why I love YOU! I prefer your rants and raves over that picture. You always have fun with style. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Tara said...

Aw, I actually love the color of the pants! And I love picture challenge days. For some reason, I can't pick out my own pictures/plan outfits around them, but if someone else picks out the picture, then I'm all over it. Go figure :)

Keely said...

I love your red jeans! And with a cute striped sweater and tie-booties? So cute!

Kassi said...

I am such a klutz if that makes you feel any better. I am glad the coffee blended right in. Well I happen to think your interpretation is quite cute. :)

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

i NEED those shoes!!! love them so much! such a cute interpretation. you look so good!

oomph. said...

ooh, this inspiration outfit is right up my alley! i think your bright red denims are just fine!

sorry bout the coffee and LOVE the last photo of you!

[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!