Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Feeling Festive & Caramel Pecan Cheesecake

Feeling Festive

You take a simple black dress, add some festive red tights and what do you have? An outfit appropriate for a Christmas party! =)  Saturday evening was our church Christmas banquet and this is what I wore.  

Dress ($20) & Tights ($5): Target
Cardigan (Borrowed from my Sis) & Clutch ($6.95): Maurices
Steve Madden Booties: 6pm.com (Gift)
Necklace: Poshlocket won from Casual Chic Kiki
Bracelets: Assortment from Target & Bealls
Rings: My Sister's


I didn't have time to get pictures on Saturday, so I wore the same thing to work on Monday. (Am I the only one who does that?!?  If I don't blog about it, it totally doesn't count. Haha)  Before actually going into work, I ditched the clutch and shed some of the blingin' jewelry, so that I didn't look too dressed up for a plain ole Monday. =)


Now, I'd like to see what YOU, my non-blogging friends like to wear to feel festive! If you have a picture of yourself in some festive attire, please share it on my facebook page. I can't wait to see how many festive looks we can get! =)
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake


I didn't just bring my festive red tights to the Christmas banquet... I also brought this amazing caramel pecan cheesecake that the Hubs made. Yes, I pretty much married a genius in the kitchen.  Here's what you'll need to experience a little bit of heaven on earth. =)

Crust:
1-3/4 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/3 cup  margarine or butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) pkg. caramels
1 (6 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 c. chopped pecans, toasted

Filling:
1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
3 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
2 tsp.  vanilla
3 eggs

PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 8- or 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 8- or 9-inch springform pan). Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Press firmly onto bottom and 2-1/2 inches up side of pan; Unwrap caramels; combine caramels and milk in a heavy saucepan; cook over low heat until melted, stirring often. Pour over graham cracker crust, but reserve 1/2 cup of the caramel mixture for the topping.; sprinkle toasted pecans evenly over caramel layer (saving some for the topping), and set aside.

BEAT cream cheese and the remaining 1 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour into crust.

BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Turn oven off. Open oven door slightly. Let cheesecake set in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

TOP with reserved caramel mixture just before serving. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan; remove rim. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.  

And . . . enjoy! =)

I'm linking up today with Monday Mingle!

33 comments:

Style Journey said...

Your hubby is awesome with his baking skills! The pie looks delicious :)

You do look so festive and the red and black is so chic and fun! I think I need red tights now :)

Heather

Lena B, Actually said...

I'm obsessed with your booties! LOVE!
and yes... if I wear an outfit on the weekend, and didn't take pics... I will totally wear the same outfit to work on Monday! haha!

Fitness By Alicia said...

Love the red tights with those booties! So cute and that cheesecake looks absolutely AMAZING. Yum!!

signature mix said...

I'm loving this post. Your LBD with festive pops of red and silver is such a perfect holiday look (I've definitely reworn an outfit I liked just so that I could get some pictures out of it too). And that cheesecake looks phenomenal! I absolutely have to try some.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Tiffany, you look HAUTE in that red girl!!! I love it paired with black and the hints of silver. SPARKLY and SHINY! Looked great on you! :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Haus of Style said...

Red HOT gal I must say! You look gorgeous Tiffany. I love the sparkly clutch as well. Great holiday look. You are beautiful ;)

FYI: I will be taking some time of commenting on blogs due to FINALS, but will make it up upon my return. I hope you won't miss me too much but I will surely miss you =)

Unknown said...

Love the red tights and all the sparkle.

That cheesecake looks divine!

Julie

Samantha said...

Love the sequins and red accessories! I do the same thing! If I not going to see the same people, then I will repeat an outfit! It doesn't count if they haven't seen it right?! :)

xo~sam

The Suburb Experiment said...

I will wear the same thing a few days in a ROW if I can get away with it. Especially if it's one of those outfits that I feel super-chic in while being ridiculously comfy. :)

You look very festive! I like the tights.

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

Erica said...

You look so pretty in red, and that cheesecake looks so delicious! Cheesecake is my fav dessert! Pinned!

North Meets South

Rachel said...

i love all of your outfit... you look festive and lovely. i do love me some burgandy/ red tights. Oh and that cheesecake looks sooo delish... lucky you!! :)

silvergirl said...

the cheesecake looks so yummy
love the black and pops of red
i am the same way...if it didn't make the blog, i can wear it multiple times. is that weird ? should we be worried? lol
brett

rlutz said...

Your hubby is very talented...that cheesecake look drool worthy! Love how you punched up that dress with the red tights...love the booties!!

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

love it! and you totally rock color during the winter.

Elly said...

fab shoes <3

http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love the tights and your sparkly skirt!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That clutch is fab and I'm totally drooling over the cheesecake!

Cara said...

I think Monday's deserve just as much bling - if not more - as Saturday!

J9 STYLE said...

Love the red tights! What a great ideas!And the cheesecake is making me hungry!

Tara said...

I really love the sparkly detailing on that dress...so pretty! And with the red tights, it's the perfect holiday get-up.

I, sadly, don't think I have any super fun, dress-up, festive kinds of parties coming up this year. I may just dress up for my drive up to Indiana or something :)

Unknown said...

Hahah good to know someone else does it- I either take weekend outfit photos and then actually wear the outfit during the week or vice versa! I love the elegant black and red look-so festive! And don;t even get me started on that cheesecake! :)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL. Love the sparkles, love the PIE! ;0)

Alert, alert!! Your code on your button is messed up. There needs to be a " after this part: http://havebreakfastwithtiffany.blogspot.com/
Make sense?? Let me know if it doesn't and I'll help. XO!

Fash Boulevard said...

ooo love love love this outfit. so fun. you look fabulous. amazing post, love. thanks for sharing. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report and enter my giveaway. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

my thrifty closet said...

cute outfit! I love the red and black combo with silver accents. The red tights are stunning, I just need some courage to wear them. It's nice idea to make it work appropriate without the bling bling.

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Come enter the Landmark movies tickets giveaway!

my thrifty closet said...

and the pecan pie is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

amazing, chic and cool look!!!
love the grey and bordeaux colour!
the cake??? I have hungry!

Take a look and if you like we can follow each other?

http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a lovely outfit. You look amazing. :3

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Love burgundy on burgundy...gorgeously rich without screaming holiday wear! You look great!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

www.HauteKhuuture.com

Disturbed Style said...

Great outfit! :) I love it :)

Claire said...

gorgeous clutch! i love this holiday outfit!!! and that dessert looks amazing and oh so naughty!!!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Bravoe Runway said...

OH does that cheesecake look amazing! I love your outfit Tiffany, it's very festive, I love the red tights, and you should repeat this outfit to the office :)

Annie said...

Loooove that clutch. And this recipe? Cheesecake and pecan pie are 2 of my faves...have to try it!!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Leah said...

The dress is adorable! AND I love those booties SO MUCH :)