I love summertime and everything about it! The sizzling sidewalks, the glorious sunshine, the bustling beaches. There is nothing cruel about summer in my little corner of the world.
This summer, especially, I'm determined to fill it up with fun activities for the hubs and I to enjoy with the kids! It seems like time is passing more and more quickly. As each Christmas, Easter and summer vacation passes, I look back and wish we had taken the time to make more memories with the kids. Before I know it, they'll be 18, driving off to college and my house will be quiet again. I know when that happens I'll be longing for the endless chatter of the little ones. Well, that's not for years yet, so right now, I'm just going to enjoy my little ones being little and make some memories!
I recently read Lindsey's summer bucket list and immediately knew I wanted to do something similar! So, here are the things I want to do this summer. If you're in the area, feel free to copy it. =)
1. Take the kids to Big Kahuna's.
2. Pick blueberries. I have some wonderful memories of picking blueberries and strawberries with my mom. I know my Little Guy would love it!
3. Go to a splash park.
4. Go exploring at Fort Pickens.
5. Visit the Children's Museum.
6. Visit the Naval Aviation Museum.
7. Admire the butterflies at the Panhandle Butterfly House.
8. Get in touch with your artistic side and paint pottery.
9. Have a dinnertime picnic at the beach and watch the sun set.
10. Check out the Gulfarium.
I only have 9 weekends until teachers report to work in August, so I may not get around to all of these... but you never know! Maybe I'll take a day or two off in the name of making memories with my children. =)
What are you planning to do this summer?