Thursday, June 14, 2012

OTI - WInning Interpretation

We're almost finished with Open to Interpretation! Today's interpretation is based on the following photo, which one of the participants submitted.  We all voted on various submissions and this one was the winning look.


Now, longsleeves and sweaters just don't work in Florida in June.  However, how about those gorgeous colors?!? I love the pink and green together, so I chose those to work with, as well as incorporating some checks into the outfit, too. =)

Shirt: Thrifted
Dress & Sandals: mark. (purchase here)

While I love and adore my new little tank dress that I got from Jackie's eBoutique, this is not the cutest outfit that I've ever put together. Some girls look so effortlessly chic when they knot their shirts. Well, when I do it, I just look very busty and a little bit like I'm trying to draw attention there, when I'm totally not!


These sandals, however? I love them! I have a feeling I'll be pairing them with all of my sundresses this summer.

Bracelets: Target
Zipper Bracelet: Tara Lane Designs

See how I played with the greens and pinks here? I wore the pink checked shirt over the nude colored dress and then accessorized with green.  I like how pairing the colors played out, but I'm just not crazy about knotting the shirt.  You know, I've done this a few times and each time, I think that it could be done better. Then I never seem to get to that "better" point. Ha! Maybe it's time for me to stop attempting these knotted shirts!

To see how other bloggers interpreted this look, swing on by Freckles in April and check them all out!

22 comments:

Simply Sarah said...

love the interpretation!

sarahsavvystyle.com

Unknown said...

OMG your look AMAZING!!!!! I'm totally LOVING that you knotted that blouse over the top!!!! so so so cute!!!

xo Jackie
...livingaftermidnite

Shea Lennon said...

I like your look, and I think you can definitely pull off the knotted top look. I like how you made the inspiration look work for the hot summer.

rlutz said...

I also have trouble styling the knotted shirt junk on me!! I think it looks great over that dress. Agreed, those sandals are. Perfect for this summer!

Unknown said...

After seeing all these cute gingham shirts, I really think I need one! Really cute.

Fitness By Alicia said...

I like your interpretation of the look. I am still having issues knotting my look. I think it is because I had a knotted top when I was a kid and got made fun of for it. I need to try it but I think the shape will be off on my body.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look super awesome!! Love that top!! xx

the domestic fringe said...

I've tried to knot my shirt before, but I always end up feeling silly and undoing it before I leave the house. It always looks good on other people though. I adore your sandals.
~FringeGirl

Annie said...

Love love love this look - SO cute!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Anonymous said...

I like the knot! I know how you feel though, I will never actually go out with my shirt knotted, even if I knot it for blog photos because I'm too self conscious! Love the accessory layering and colours!

Say :)
eighteenthofmay.blogspot.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I actually think you look fantastic in this outfit! Tying your top like that looks very casual and relaxed. You would look beautiful in just about anything really ;)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

CC said...

I have the same problem with knotting shirts. ;) I always end up looking way too busty (and I'm already plenty busty enough!) ;) I think you look fine, though and the outfit is cute.
Those are awesome sandals!

Preethi said...

I actually love the knotted shirt on you - super cute!

preethi
lace, etc.

Grace Marie said...

thats it. I have to knot a shirt --- allllll thanks to you.

SO cute.

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

Love that you took this idea and made it work for you! Long sleeves are hard to pull off during the summer, but I think the knotted top is a great alternative. Also love those sandals. So adorable! I've loved seeing all you OTI outfits this week!

Callie
www.coffeeandcardigans.com

TaraMixandMatch said...

Adorable summer outfit!

Keely said...

Love the gingham! and it's way cute knotted. And I love your sandals!

welldressedmaker said...

I love your interpretation! Green and pink look soooo good together, Tiffany! and your accessories are so cute!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

Killa sandals. Love the color of that dress. Which I had, er, girls to emphasize...lol.

Grace Wainwright said...

I love how that outfit inspired yours! Especially LOVING the gingham. Have a great weekend!

A Southern Drawl

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love your inspo and your look!

Xo Megan

TheTinyHeart said...

You look adorable, Tiffany! I love how you opted for the sleeveless gingham top :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart