Friday, March 27, 2015

Fashion Friday: Gingham Ain't for Sissies

So, gingham. It's not for the faint of heart, let me tell ya. First of all, you must search high and low for gingham. Target? Not there. Maurices? Nope. Old Navy? Not even a stitch. Is that crazy or what?? For the past few years, Old Navy has been my go-to place for gingham camp shirts! And they had none. Nada. Zilch.

Now all of these stores had super cute plaid camp shirts, but not a single stitch of gingham. Okay, I'm done ranting. We finally found gingham at New York & Company. Now, I'm a NY&Co fan. I love their dresses and jeans and their shorts. But their gingham?? Wellll.....

When I think of gingham, I picture this or even this. Not blazers and pencil skirts and blouses.... That's just not my style. So, we were in a pickle to think of a way that would fit both Tabitha's romantic style and my edgier, eclectic style.

And... here they are!

Date Night
 photo gingham blazer_zpshq20pf5y.jpg

Of course, I'm a firm believer that accessories make an outfit! And take a look at these accessories!

 photo accessories1_zpsyewgccud.jpg
Plunder by Tabitha
Jamberry by Tiffany

Off to Church and Lunch Date
 photo gingham_zpsw8d41ogw.jpg

Those shorts I'm wearing, believe it or not, they're purple. You just can't tell in these photos, hence my favorite purple jams ever, Desert in Dusk.

 photo accessories2_zpswelsriyt.jpg

So, what do you think? Is gingham something you'd wear? Which look is your favorite?

I'm linking up today with I Feel Pretty, Casual Friday, Favorite Fashion Friday and Fab Favorites.

No comments: