Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday's Tasty Treat



As you know, Sunday was Superbowl Sunday.  We had planned to have Nate's brother, sister-in-law and their kids over to watch the game aka watch the kids play like crazy banshees and eat lots of yummy food.  However, they couldn't make it because one of their kids had a fever.  It turned out to be ok because we ended up coming down with a bit of the stomach bug. =/

Before we realized that we were getting sick, I made this absolutely delicious fruit pizza. Gabe couldn't get enough of it and I devoured nearly half of it myself. =) 

The crust:
5 cups rice krispies
32 marshmallows
1/4 cup of butter

Melt marshmallows and butter.  Mix in the rice krispies and then spread over your serving dish.  I used wax paper to keep it from sticking.  I also used a buttered spoon to smash the crust and pack it in firm enough.  Then, stick it in the fridge and let it chill for a while.

The sauce:
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

Mix together until smooth and creamy. Spread all over the crust.  Make sure you give the kids your mixers to clean. =)  Then just decorate with whatever fruit you have around the house that you and your kids like.  Gabe loves strawberries and bananas, so I kept it simple. I really think that pineapple and apple slices would probably be delicious!

The recipe I used instructed me to make my own whipped cream, but I took the lazy way and used Redi-Whip. =)  If, however, you have the time and energy, you can definitely make your own by beating 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until stiff.  Then drop little dollops here and there.

I'm considering making a version of this next week for Gabe's Valentine's Day party at school. I thought I could decorate it with thinly sliced apples and bananas in the shape of a heart. . . Hmmm . . . something to think about. =)

6 comments:

Lissa said...

It looks and sounds yummy! My mom used to make a fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese sauce then had strawberries, blueberries, bananas and kiwi on top. Amazingly delicious!! :o)

Ashley J said...

Oh my yummy goodness, that probably taste soooo good but it looks like a masterpiece!!!

Tiffany said...

Aww, thank you!! I'm still trying to learn to take decent pics.... I'm so nervous about tomorrow's What I'm Wearing! Eesh... Putting myself out there in what I consider to be a super cute outfit scares me!! lol

Anonymous said...

Uhh, YUM!! I will be here for tomorrows outfit post - can't wait!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Michelene said...

That looks delicious Tiff!!!

Mrs. Shree said...

looks delish