Monday, February 7, 2011

Movie Review Mondays - The Incredibles


Well, this weekend was entirely too busy and I didn't have time to watch a movie! *gasp* I don't know if there has ever been a weekend where I haven't watched something, but of course, since I have to review a movie today, Movie Time didn't happen.  So, I'm reaching back to last weekend when we watched The Incredibles with Gabe for the first time.


Nate & I watched The Incredibles for the first time a few years ago when it first came out and we loved it.  We've even seen it a few times since then and have never had any problems with it.  Its one of those fun movies that kids and adults alike enjoy.  While watching it with Gabe last Saturday, we realized that this family argues. A lot.  It actually made us a little uncomfortable.  Gabe kept saying, "Her mad," or "Her sad," or "Him not nice."  And while I want him to understand that every family is different, I don't want him to think its normal for families to fight.  Nate and I try to never argue in front of the kids and I'm working on my own little anger issues in trying to not show my frustration when Gabe wears on my last nerve. lol I understand the movie is showing that as each family member finds their "place", they're much happier and they live a more harmonious life, but I don't know if Gabe is yet at the age to understand that, so we kind of explained it to him along the way.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the insight...now I'm going to have to watch this movie with a whole different perspective in mind.