Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday - Stripedy Stripes

I'm racking my brain to think if I have any sort of a funny story to share with y'all. And I've got nothin'. Not a thing. So, I'll just give you the outfit I wore yesterday.

Shirt: Bealls ($24 marked down to $6!)
Tank: Express
Jeans: Eddie Bauer
Wedges & Earrings: Target
Bangle bracelets: Bealls ($24 marked down to $6!)
Ring: Premier Designs Jewelry




Ok, as I'm sure you noticed, I wear these skinny jeans a lot. Here's the reason: not only are they flattering (love the dark wash!), but they're the only skinny jeans I own that currently fit me, thanks to my Little Missy. As it's coming up on a year since I had the Little Missy, maybe I should just give in and buy a few more pairs of skinny jeans that fit me? Nahhh.... I'll get back into those jeans eventually! In the meantime, I'll just keep coming back to these. =)


Guess what? On Monday, when my guy got home from golfing, I escaped the house sans kiddos for a little while. I had heard that Bealls was having a great Memorial Day sale, so I went over to see if I might be able to score any deals. (I put the finance challenge on hold in honor of Memorial Day.) And I totally did! They were having their Extra 50% off clearance. Everything I got was marked down to 50 or 70% off and THEN an extra 50% off on top. I got loads of cute jewelry, the cute top pictured above and a gorgeous flowery dress that I'll probably wear sometime next week. And as a bonus, I got $10 in Bealls bucks that I get to go spend today. =) Yay!

10 comments:

Erin said...

I'm loving the stripe on stripe combo. But even more fun than that...I didn't know those shoes came in BLACK! I have the nude ones, but am in dire need of more black shoes! I must get some :)

Style Journey said...

You look fantastic! You got some great bargains. That striped top for $6! What a steal.

rlutz said...

sadly, I have a few things that will never fit again after the kids...Love how you styled the stripes on stripes!

oomph. said...

wow, looks like you got some fantastic deals!! i love the bracelet set!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Tara said...

I'd have to say a really, really excellent reason to suspend the finance part of the challenge for the day...but I'm a total enabler, so I may not be the best judge of these things :)

I love the stripes on stripes, too!

lauren said...

Super cute! Say what you must, but I am loving the hair in spite of the grown out cut and roots ;) Black and white looks amazing on you.

Lissa said...

Love the stripes!! You look fantastic!

Megan Mae said...

Love the double stripes and all your bangles!

Taylor said...

Fantastic sale finds! I loved going to Beall's when I'd visit my grandparents in Naples. I love your dual-stripe look... way cool, lady.

Claire said...

love the stripes on stripes! so cute. and that nail polish is lovely. there were so many great sales this past weekend. i actually only bought a pair of shorts! i think that was a miracle in itself!!!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com