Monday, September 12, 2011

Meet a Friend Monday - Melissa

I'd like to introduce you today to the super sweet and beautiful Melissa of A Working Mom's Closet! Melissa is one of those people that always makes me smile. Every time I go to visit her little corner of the blogosphere, I am always encouraged and inspired in one way or another. And I'm very excited to be introducing her to you today!!

Hello, all you fabulous readers of Breakfast With Tiffany! I'm so excited and honored to be a part of Tiffany's Meet a Friend series!

My name is Melissa and I blog at A Working Mom's Closet. I started my blog about a year and a half ago after a long struggle with losing my baby weight after having my daughter. I happened upon some style blogs and became addicted to reading them. When I realized there weren't very many that were specific towards working mothers, I decided to start one! And now I've found a plethora of them, which is fantastic! I've met so many wonderful people and made some incredible friendships through blogging. 

My style has changed a lot too. When I first began, I wore pants a lot, shyed away from belts, would never mix patterns and couldn't fathom the idea of black and brown together. Now those are all sartorial choices I make pretty regularly!

For example...I  very, very rarely wear pants anymore. I'm a dress and skirt kind of girl...

I tend to wear belts almost EVERY single day...

I've discovered the joys of pattern mixing...
I've fallen in love with black and brown together...


And I've apparently developed an aversion to wearing only one color...it seems that I need to always have a coordinating pop of color somewhere in my outfits...

 
So there's just a little peek into my world. I can tell you that through reading style blogs, gaining inspiration from all of those fabulous people, and writing my own blog, my style has changed tremendously and I must say for the better. I've gained a lot of confidence in myself and in my ability to make choices.

Sometimes it takes stepping out of your comfort zone once, twice, or even several times, to really find what works best for you. Above all else, TRY THINGS ON. There are so many things I wouldn't have worn just by looking at it on a hanger or even on someone else, because I assumed it wouldn't work on me. TRY IT. You have nothing to lose but a few minutes of time and you could be VERY pleasantly surprised at the results! 

Tiffany, thanks for letting me take over your blog and meet your readers today! I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! 

Thank you for being my guest today, Melissa!! Now, head on over to her blog and check out what she's got going on today!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

You're so adorable.. and I miss you!

Style Journey said...

We just love her blog and her positive attitude. She is so refreshing and such a kind person. She is a daily read for sure!

Bravoe Runway said...

She is a very candid blogger and if an outfit isn't what she expected she tells it like it is and she is not afraid to ask for advice. She always puts a smile on my face!

Lissa said...

Melissa is awesome!

Melissa said...

Aw, thanks Tiffany!!! And thanks for the sweet comments, you guys are making me smile. :)

Mimi said...

My style has changed a lot since i started blogging too! Love all your belts!
Aesthetic Lounge

Tara said...

Yay, Melissa! Love her :)

TaraMixandMatch said...

Yes, Melissa is awesome!

KC said...

Mwah! for Melissa!