Thursday, December 29, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday - Quality Time with the Hubs

I realize it's not Wednesday, but this is what I wore on Wednesday. =)  The Hubs and I have been off of work all week, so we sent the kids to daycare and had a date day. What? That's not me being a bad mom! That's me keeping my marriage young and fresh and all that jazz.  We went to a local seafood restaurant for some absolutely scrumptious shrimp & cheesy grits and then went to see Sherlock Holmes.  

And this, my friends, is what I deem appropriate for a date day. =)

Sweater: Target ($6)
Tunic: Rue 21 (Gift from My Super Cool Sis)
Leggings: Target ($20)
Boots: Rue 21 ($30)
Belt: Aldo ($3)
Bracelets: Christmas Gifts
Earrings: Coldwater Creek (Christmas Gift)


So, as you've probably noticed I've been kind of MIA the past week or so in the blogging community and I'm sorry!! I'll be back as soon as things get back to normal next week. If you're new to the blog and have recently left a comment or something of that nature, I'll be heading over to say hi really really soon! I thought it was crazy busy and difficult to fit everything in when I'm working, but it's even more difficult when I'm on vacation! lol


I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas with your families and that you'll have a happy and safe New Years!!

I'm linking up today with the fabulous girls over at Monday Mingle and with The Pleated Poppy.

24 comments:

Keely said...

Adorable! And you got Target leggings!:) I love your boots too.

Unknown said...

isn't it funny how vacation can feel busier and more tiring than a typical workweek? makes no sense, but totally happens! :) you look just charming. fun red boots! and yes, definitely perfect for a date day!

Kassi said...

Perfect day date look! Love the printed top with the belted cardigan and those red boots, of course :)

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

TaraMixandMatch said...

Awesome boots!

The Suburb Experiment said...

I have a harder time getting bloggy stuff done on vacation, too. I think it's because my day isn't as structured - which means I'm vacationing right. :) You looked adorable for your dayte (did you see what I did there?) and I'm glad you had a good time.

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. Lovely outfit. The belt is genius.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Ivana said...

Perfect outfit for a date night! Love it!

Happy Friday!

xx Ivana

Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls

Lena B, Actually said...

So cute! Really love the red boots!

(p.s. I tagged you in a post... check it out here:
http://mom2memphisandruby.blogspot.com/2011/12/tag.html)

Unknown said...

Hi!
Do not worry about blogging wiil be there waiting for you my dear!
Loving your red boots
It is good to find time for you and your hubs, life is so crazy sometimes

Happy New Year!

Style Journey said...

Day Dates are the best. Dropping the kids off at daycare is a great idea. You definitely got to keep your relationship strong by doing little things like that. You look adorable for your day date outfit too :) WE NEED RED BOOTS, LOL!

Fitness By Alicia said...

I think you day date sounds absolutely fabulous. If I had kids I would definitely be doing that. I love your red boots with that look. You look AMAZING! Hope you have a great New Years.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a great deal those fabulous boots were!

silvergirl said...

date days are the best
husband and i had one this week as well
you look adorbs!
brett

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Well you look great Tiff! Don't worry about blogging while vacationing. I took some time off myself. And I love shrimp & grits! Yummmmm Continue enjoying yourself and Happy New Year to you. :)
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

rlutz said...

Those red boots are my favorite on you!! Yeah for spending adult time what the hubs...I forget what that is like!!

oomph. said...

i'm the last person to ever say you're a bad mom for taking a date day!! i rarely get those, yet think they definitely are important!! i mean, if you're not happy and refreshed, you won't be for your kids...right??!!

hope you had a nice time

happy new year!!

[oomph.]

Audrey Allure said...

Loving the boots! :) Hope you have a spectacular NYE & New Year's!

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

I really love the outfit, Tiffany! The layers look very cozy and I love the pop of color that the boots add. Hope you had a wonderful day out with the husband. Wishing you and the family a very happy New Year!

Callie @ coffeeandcardigans.com

Unknown said...

Those boots are incredible and what a bargain! Date nights are oh so important (even more so when you have kids I can imagine!) Glad I'm not the only one who dresses up for the movies :)

House Of Aqua said...

Great deals on your outfit! I don't have any skinny belts and I need to look into getting one, I love how you wore it!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Hey Tiff! I've changed my blog address, so I wanted you to know. :)
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Samantha said...

Happy New Year Tiffany!! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday and vacation! xo, sam

my thrifty closet said...

you looks so sweet as always, the red boots are stunning with a charming neutral outfit. Cute accessories too! Have a happy 2012!


mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute! Great steal with the belt :)