A Maxi For the Not So Maxi
Hi everyone. My name is Tracy from The Closet Shopper. Tiffany graciously invited me to deliver a guest post for her. I'm so honored. I think Tiffany has great style. But it's her personality that made me fall in love with her. She's just so darned nice! Don't you love her?
I thought I would tackle a subject that comes up quite a bit for short women. And that is maxi dresses and maxi skirts. Is it possible for a short person to make a maxi work? YES. I'm here to tell you that you can absolutely wear a maxi dress if you're short. I'm 5'2" and I wear maxi dresses and skirts all the time.
I understand that sometimes a maxi might not work "off the rack." So, here are a few tips on how to handle that.
1. Wear super big chunky high heels. This one is the obvious solution.
2. Tie a knot in the front or side to shorten it.
3. Hem it. Not that hard, really. And you can either do it yourself or take it to your local tailor.
4. Buy petite. You might have to go a size up but the length will be more manageable.
5. Just do it! Don't let the length scare you. Be a proud shorty!
I hope I've inspired all the short ladies in the house to wear long flowy frocks.
Thank you, Tracy!! I only have a few maxi dresses, but now I want more! Now that you've had a chance to meet Tracy and chat with her a bit, y'all go drop by her blog and say hi! =)