Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet a Friend - Laura!

Hello girls! Good grief, the weekends seem to go by faster and faster these days! We're back to Monday again and I've got myself a big ole white chocolate mocha latte from Starbucks keeping me company while I work my fingers to the bone over here at the office. I do get a little reprieve from the daily grind, however, to introduce you to the adorably funny and incredibly sweet Laura from The Blog of Worldly Delights!  Say hi to Laura!

~~~~~~~

Firstly, I would like to thank the lovely Tiffany for asking me to write for this feature! I am so flattered!

Hi! My name is Laura and I blog over at the blog of worldly delights. I've always loved fashion, but I also believe in living within one's means. My aesthetic has evolved to combine both. My blog is my personal style diary where I share my geeky style and my thrifty finds.


I started blogging right before my last semester of grad school, when I would be immersed in writing my thesis. I thought that having a distraction would lessen the stress, and it did. I originally wanted to blog about fashion, food, books, comics, movies, and basically, everything worldly that I loved. But I couldn't stop posting about my outfits, and my blog quickly became an exploration of my personal style.


10 quick facts about moi:

1. I am a total comic book geek. I get upset when movies mess up on comic book characters or events.

2. I am really short. Like, barely five feet short. But I love maxi dresses or skirts. This is a big problem for me.


3. I have a Hello Kitty obsession. And, no thanks, I don't want your intervention.

4. People think I am a snob, but really, that's just how my face looks.

5. I have 3 kitties and I heart them to bits.


6. I am happily married and have been so for five years.

7. I have a shop (Shop of Worldly Delights) where I sell my cute, handmade goodies.

8. I probably watch too many movies for my own good.

9. I'm actually very shy, but people don't believe me when I say so.

10. I love dressing up in costume. If I didn't have to worry about looking professional/presentable to the public, I would go back to having bubblegum pink hair and wear comics-inspired outfits.

~~~~~~~

Isn't she adorable?!? Her style is so much fun! And she makes the cutest little bows and bookmarks and pins. Seriously, stop by her blog and look around a while! You'll be friends in no time. =)

While you're here, don't forget to enter my Road ID giveaway!! I'll be announcing a winner on Wednesday!

10 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

She's quite precious..love her style. Have a wonderful week doll :)

welldressedmaker said...

thank you very much for having me, Tiffany!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Kim, USA said...

She is pretty! Love that smile! ^_^


Kim,USA

Bravoe Runway said...

YAY! I've been following Laura's blog for quite some time! She has a wonderful personality, and does an amazing job with her DIY/Etsy crafts.

Juneli said...

Laura is adorable and what lovely and unique sense of style!
Love
Juneli from Fashionably Yours

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love her style!
Xo Megan

Unknown said...

Hey Laura! Will check out your blog xo

Unknown said...

Love her style.and humor I actually laughed.out.loud at the "people think im a snob, but thats just how my face looks" hahaha

sweetsweetnightingale.blogspot.com

Megan G said...

Laura is so cute! I love her geeky/nerdy interests and the way it filters into her style.

Tina @ My Highest Self said...

Glad to see Laura featured, I love her blog! Off to check out more of your posts...