Friday, February 25, 2011

Free Friday - Run like the Wind!


Its my free day, meaning that I can talk about whatever I want, and I'm feeling the need to talk about running.  Lissa and I have been training for our first 5k.  Well, her first and my second, but I don't count the first one I ran because I walked the majority of it and it took me over 45 minutes to finish. Yeah, now you can see why I'm not counting it!  As I was saying, we've been training together and we're doing so well, if I must say so myself! Neither of us are runners, per se.  We don't really have that tight, lean runner's body... Or the endurance that is required by a runner. But we're getting there! She recently ran two miles without any breaks and I'm so close to being there. 

I have gone from hating running with a passion to loving it.  I get up every morning at 5:00 am and "get my run in."  Its so much fun!  I don't know if you're a runner, but I have to say that running before the sun comes up or as its just starting to light up the sky, is one of the prettiest times to run.  My neighborhood is so quiet, that it feels like its just me and God.  As I run, I like to pray. I like to absorb the smell of morning, the beauty of the night sky turning bright. I like to feel my blood pumping as I push myself further and further.

Okay, if you're a seasoned runner, you may laugh that I think 1.5 or 2 miles is "pushing myself."  But it is!! Tomorrow I'm supposed to run 2.25 miles with no breaks and I think I just may be able to do it!

On another note: here is a cellphone photo of the outfit I was wearing yesterday:
The shirt is my sister swapped items this week. It had long flowy sleeves that I didn't like so I rolled them up! And another scarf!! =)  This time, I tied it in the loop-de-loop, as I like to call it.

Here is what I'm wearing today, also via cellphone:
The pink shirt is part of the sister swap.  It had these little ruffles along the collar and they itched my neck.  I'm not a fan of itchy things on my neck, so I tucked them in. The end result wasn't too bad.

I realize that these pictures aren't the best quality and all that, but I just wanted to share.  Blogging has given me new inspiration to put some effort into what I wear every day even though I don't always post pictures.  And its been so much fun, finding ways to wear things that I normall wouldn't (like the long-sleeved shirt yesterday or the itchy collar shirt today)!

5 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm not a runner...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. **Sigh** If only... ;o) I need all the help I can get for my 2.5 in the morning. Love the outfits by the way...never thought of tucking in a collar on a shirt. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that would be a good way to put effort into what you wear....My mom and I are really into "What Not To Wear." A few years ago (and we were taking a trip to NYC and really noticing what people wear in Manhattan) we decided that only 5 or fewer percent of people put effort into what they wear. So, we strive to be "in the five" as we call it. And, I think you're in the five!
Emily Lynch

Anonymous said...

Like the first outfit a lot, the contrast looks cute! That's one of the effects of blogging, suddenly you start thinking, is this worth posting? ... Blogging is what keeps me from being lazy! ...

http://blog.cessoviedo.com

Tara said...

I totally agree that blogging keeps me honest in my outfit choices everyday. I've always paid attention to my clothes, but I've never been big on accessories. Blogging changed that for me :)

On running, if you get up everyday and make an effort to increase your endurance/distance, then you are definitely a runner! Good luck with your training!

Brittney said...

I'm a runner...but I absolutely applaud you for doing it first thing in the wee hours of the morn. I've never been able to do that consistently, although heaven knows I've tried. Good for you! Best addiction ever.
And I'm LOVING these contrasting colors, btw.
-Brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com