Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thrifty Thursday - Things I Want

I'm not spending money for a bit because I kind of overspent last month. But there are still a few things I really really want to buy if I could. So... ya know, my birthday’s coming up in a few months. If you’re at all inclined to shop for me early, you could totally go pick up one or two of these. =) Or maybe when the Hubs gives me the go-ahead, I’ll go on a mad shopping spree and get them all. =) Or the more likely scenario will be that I’ll just lust over them for a bit and when I finally go to buy them, they’ll be all sold out.

1.  Pencil Skirts. I love them lately, thanks to Taylor of It's My Cardi. That girl can rock a pencil skirt like nobody’s business! I think I only have one black one, but I need more colorful ones.  Specifically, this Polynesian blue one and this black & white striped one, both from J.C.Penney’s and both for really reasonable prices!

2.  Bright shoes. I have one pair of bright shoes and I wear the heck out of them.  But I need some yellow ones and pink ones and blue ones and red ones . . .

Shoes I Want

3. Colored skinny jeans. I've been seeing these all over the blogosphere and how I want a pair! I love these white ones at J.C.Penney's.  And these red ones at Sears.  And these turquoise ones


Okay, so that's kind of a big list of things I want today.  Maybe when I leave work, I'll stumble across a few hundred dollars to cover all these things. If not, that's okay, I'll just keep my eyes peeled for something similar next time I'm thrifting or clearance rack shopping. =)

12 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh I wish I had a pair of colored skinny jeans too! Red for sure!

Tara said...

There is almost NOTHING better than an awesome pair of shoes in an awesome color :)

my thrifty closet said...

hey, we seem to like the same things. My birthday is also coming up in a few months time, could we be born on the same day? Hehe...Top of my list is colored heels, haven't seen any at the thrift stores


love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Colours colours and more colours! I love bright heels and coloureed pants (I have a fun pair in coral that I just love!) I hope your hubby reads your blog and is taking birthday gift notes!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Agree with all your wishes. I do love colored pumps and wanting one somewhat of a bright turquoise blue pair. And I want electric blue colored skinny jeans too...
But I am thinking I need to stop shopping for a while as I have way too many outfits for summer/spring already!
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

KC said...

Aw...Tiffany! I'm with you on the hoping/wishing/praying to go on a shopping spree! Sometimes I'll just hope for bad weather so that maybe it'll rain money...hasn't worked yet, though.

What does work for me is when I decide it's time for me to catch a deal, I'll say to myself that such-and-such store will be having just the right sale and I will find just the right item for just the right price. It works! Case in point: I had been keeping an eye on the sales at Gap and a little while ago, I calculated that they should be having an addt'l % of sale items by that time. I decided to go and see if anything was "going on", and fortunately for me, they had an addt'l 50% off clearance! And I stumbled upon a pair of red jean/jeggings for $13!!! (Unfortunately, I returned them yesterday...the fit in the booty just wasn't quite right.)

So, the moral of this long-winded comment is: Keep your eyes on the priCe!!!!
(get it? not the prize, but the price!!! hahahaha...)

Peggy said...

Hey friend - you won my Very Nautical Giveaway! Please send me your shipping info and let me know what set was your favorite- I will try to accommodate, but for sure will send one of the 5 sets your way! Thanks for being a follower! I couldn't get my computer to let me see your email on your profile. Thanks.

Rebecca said...

Oh I want colored skinny jeans so very much! J Brand has the most fabulous colors but they are just so dang expensive!

rebeccawithanR

Claire said...

yes! there are always great bright colored jeans at the thrift store. but if not, F21 often has some (though maybe not til fall time) for like ridiculously cheap. just beware of them possible dye coming off on underwear or bleeding in the wash. but whatever, they're cute! haha. and yes, bright colored shoes are so much fun!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Megan G said...

Colored jeans are great for thrifting. I haven't had any luck finding stuff in my size, but I've seen tons of pairs. Additionally - all my fav pencil skirts have come from thrift store too. Much luck!

Megan said...

I'm totally with you on the bright colored shoes!! I wish that I liked pencil skirts, but I feel like my hips are too big to wear them! UGH!!

oomph. said...

all great things. i only have one black pencil skirt for work...need more. i only have red denims...need green. and i have one (lighter)blue shoe...need electric blue suede shoes.

rockoomph.blogspot.com