Thursday, August 9, 2012

Favorite Things

We're talking today about wrestling.  


No, wrestling isn't necessarily one of my favorite things! It is however, important to my husband.  See, my husband's dad and uncle wrestled in the Olympics 40 years ago; the Hubs wrestled all throughout high school and college; and his cousin is wrestling Friday in the Olympics!

Team Haze Shirt:
Jean Shorts: American Eagle

So, since the Hubs is one of my favorite things and wrestling is one of his favorite things, I'm adopting it this week. ;)


So, check out this shirt! It was originally a regular t-shirt, but I couldn't imagine wearing anything with sleeves right now since it's so bloody hot out.  So, I took a pair of scissors to it and made it more my style. =)


I paired it with my plaid Ralph Lauren tennies from TJMaxx and my bright blue sports bra to infuse even more "Tiffany" into this t-shirt. I felt pretty cool in this and it was the perfect outfit for cleaning, organizing and decorating my classroom!


If you've been watching the Olympics, tune in Friday morning at 7:00 am central time to cheer for Sam! You can watch him online at www.nbcolympics.com.

I'm linking up today with My Favorite Things!

19 comments:

Lindsay said...

my husband wrestled all through high school too, loves it. i'll have to tell him your story, sooo cool!

Style Journey said...

This is so cool! Way to show your love. Good luck to Sam. Go USA!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Is it weird that my favorite thing about this post is you saying "bloody hot"? ;) oh and that you're cute.

TheTinyHeart said...

That is so exciting! Best of luck to Sam!!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
JEWELIQ Giveaway!

The Suburb Experiment said...

That is so exciting you have someone in the Olympics to personally cheer on!

Jenn

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look precious, like the shoes :))) Woo-hoo, that's awesome about the Olympics...I'll be sure to watch on Friday :)) xx

Melissa said...

There is no one who could make this outfit nearly as adorable as you have made it. I love how you altered it to fit your style - and weather! :)

rlutz said...

Love how you personalized this shirt for your style!! I will definitely be watching for Sam!

Unknown said...

Wow thats awesome! My hubs wrestled too he even fought MMA professionally for a few years before we got married! Goodluck to Sam!!

sweetsweetnightingale.blogspot.com

Tara said...

That's so exciting! I'll definitely be watching for him tonight :)

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Ha ha, LOVE this! You look cute in wrestling attire!

silvergirl said...

not much of a wrestling fan, but i am a fan of those tennis shoes you are wearing !!! :)
brett

CC said...

Love your tee shirt re-do! I hate regular tees, but this is really cute. ;) And good luck to Sam!

Be sure to come by and enter my giveaway! ;)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Funny. My husband likes wrestling too. I didn't even know it was a sport until I met him.
Mom Fitness Journal | Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Juneli said...

Ohhh, those checked sneakers are super fun,Tiffany! Hope your cousin-in-law did a great job at the Olympics on Friday!
Love
Juneli from Fashionably Yours

Emily said...

Very cute look! Love the Olympics.
Creamy

A Very Sweet Blog said...

You are too funny Tiff! I love your Ralph Lauren sneakers. They are so jazzy!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

That is so cool that you have had so much family in the Olympics!

I am also one to take scissors to a t-shirt to make it more wearable. You gotta do what you gotta do:)

*Erin

oomph. said...

i did catch a glimpse of the wrestling, but not sure who i was watching! how did he do??!

cute shoes!!

[oomph.]