I came across a blog post the other day that was dedicated to the blogger's husband. It was his birthday and she dedicated her entire post to him. Okay, I realize I'm a total copycat, but I've been wanting to write a post about my guy for a while now. I even started one over a year ago, but never got around to finishing it up!
So, here I go. My man turns 33 today, so I thought I'd compile a list of 33 reasons why I love him. Does he read my blog? Not very often, but I'll steer him in this direction today. =)
1. He loves the Lord.
2. He's a really superb cook.
3. And he's not afraid that helping me cook and clean will turn him into a girlie-man.
4. He's Mr. Fix-it. The guy can fix anything, seriously.
5. Not only is he the handiest handy man in the world, but he's also a computer whiz. Technology doesn't like me very much . . . while he's currently working on an Ipad App for the kids.
6. He's responsible.
7. He's a hard worker.
8. He's a planner. I love the way he sets goals and works towards them until he completes them.
9. He's the best dad in the world.
10. His patience astounds me.
11. He loves me.
12. He leads me and our family closer to the Lord.
13. He encourages me when I'm melancholy and calls me his "Melancholy Baby."
14. He takes care of the "grown up" things like money and bills so that I don't have to worry about them.
15. He's my Ironman.
16. He loves me.
17. His accomplishments (1 Ironman, 3 marathons, 2 1/2 Ironmans and a whole bunch of 1/2 marathons) inspired me to get serious about running.
18. He's kind of amazing.
19. He thinks Seinfeld and Andy Griffith are the best television shows made to date.
20. He likes to get things done around the house. I mean, I've never had to make a honey-do list. He makes his own and gets them done with zero procrastination! I, on the other hand . . .
21. He cuts our Little Guy's hair.
22. He makes me laugh.
23. He laughs with me.
24. He brings the kids to school every morning so that I can go in early to my school and won't have to go up there on the weekends.
25. He plays marbles with Little Guy and gives our Little Miss piggy back rides.
26. He enjoys simple things like making fires in the backyard, roasting marshmallows and having movie and pizza night every Friday night.
27. He likes date nights in just as much as I do.
28. He's still the adorably quirky guy that I met 11 years ago.
29. He's also still just as smokin' hot as he was then, too. ;)
30. He loves me.
31. He still gives me butterflies.
32. He's rock solid. You know how there are certain people that you're just not sure if you can depend on them? He's not that guy.
33. He helps me reach my goals.
I'm sure I left a few things out. I mean, there are so many things that I love about him. I'm truly a lucky girl. Happy birthday to my husband, the man who was made just for me!