Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Mom Style 30 for 30

Have you heard of a 30 for 30?  It's where you choose 30 pieces of clothing, including shoes and you create 30 outfits by mixing and matching them.  The only rule is that you don't wear an outfit more than once time.  It's big in the blogging community. In fact, several bloggers have hosted link ups where you join the 30 for 30 challenge and everyone posts about their 30 for 30 experience. I've never participated and I finally got the urge to do my own little 30 for 30 the other day when I was folding laundry and thinking to myself... I have entirely too many clothes!

So, I chose my 30 pieces (picture below) and decided to start today!


 photo IMG_2676_zpscea3a633.jpg

My pieces are made up of 4 pairs of shorts, 8 tees/tanks, 4 shirts, 3 skirts, 2 dresses, 2 blazers (not pictured) and 5 pairs of shoes.  I'm not counting athletic apparel, swimsuits or accessories.

This challenge will focus mainly around mom style. You know, outfits that allow for chasing children, grocery shopping and play dates, with a few church outfits thrown in.  And maybe, if I'm lucky, we'll even get a date outfit, too! My anniversary is at the end of June!

Outfit#1


 photo IMG_2683_zps5845344b.jpg
Shorts, Tank, Sandals & Belt: All from Target

This little pair of shorts took me to Target (with the kids... may the Lord bless anyone who was within in 10 feet of me. My children are wild.) for a few last minute Father's Day items and back home to hang out with the family.


 photo IMG_2686_zps63d850cd.jpg

Are you ever a little bit embarrassed to be clothed completely in Target apparel inside Target. I usually am. However, today, my children's behavior overrode any embarrassment that I had in my outfits. Seriously, if I didn't color my hair, I'm pretty sure it would be gray.  This summer is going to be . . . FANtastic. ;) (Side note... If you caught the sarcasm in my "fantastic," I should let you know that I'm totally kidding. I'm super excited about spending the summer with my kids!)


 photo IMG_2687_zpsfbb126c7.jpg

If you follow me on instagram, you know that I started a "tattle cup." Well, I'm pretty sure I'm ready to move on to the whining cup. For reals, my children can whine better than basket full of grapes. Okay, really I don't know what that means, except that wine comes from grapes, so . . . yeah.


 photo IMG_2685_zps750002c1.jpg


Just a little proof that my children really and truly were with me.  I'm still smiling because we hadn't made it to Target yet.

I'm linking up on this fine and beautiful Saturday with Passion for Fashion, Two Thirty-Five Designs and Long Distance Loving.

5 comments:

Caro said...

So I have followed you and never commented but seeing as I added you in insta, I thought I'd say hello. Haha. I've been tempted to try the 30/30 for a while but always wonder if I can get that creative! :). Maybe I will before the end of summer. And btw, I hear you on summer - I have a 3 year old who went to school 3x a week last year, and I got way to used to the break it gave me!

the domestic fringe said...

You're so funny.

Cute outfit!
~FringeGirl

Rachel said...

I laughed at the thought of wearing Target to Target. That's okay--they change their clothes fairly often--pretty sure you're the only one who knows! But I know the feeling. We recently went to the mall after work, and my work slacks and blouse were from Express--we walked into Express and I felt like I was supposed to be one of the mannikins in there!

rlutz said...

I am with you on the tattle cup...I am just getting so sick of it. I love that patterned top with the bright shorts!!

Leah said...

I love this outfit...from the embellished top to the red shorts! Great combo! I also am normally decked out in Target apparel...they should honestly pay me to be advertising for them so much! :)
Have fun this summer with the kiddos. I'm on maternity leave and planning on enjoying the summer months as much as I can!