Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Growing Up

Apparently, the thought of growing up can be painful, even to a three-year old.  Saturday morning, we read the story of Peter Pan to the kids.  I didn't think anything of it.  Then yesterday afternoon, out of the blue, my Little Miss began to ponder the growing up problem.

Momma, whenna Iuh gow up?
Oh, baby, you won't grow up for a long, long time.
But when?
Oh, not until you're 18 and that's a long, long time away.
But I might, momma! I might gow up soonuh.
No, sweetheart, you won't.
Then she began to cry, But I might, momma, I might!

Poor thing.  I have no idea why growing up is such a scary thought to my three-year old, but I thought it was just adorable.

I also thought these shorts from maurices were adorable... in a totally different way.


 photo IMG_3729_zps80bc3ea6.jpg
Shirt, Shorts & Necklace: maurices
Shoes & Bracelet: Target
Bag: Aldo

maurices is currently having their Final Clearance sale that they have about twice a year. I always look forward to this sale and go a little bit crazy in there.  Hence, the shorts and shirt... And dress and blazer and denim shirt that I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of in the next few weeks. 

Here are just a few more photos for your viewing pleasure. ;)


 photo 5d991b23-3940-4cd3-a63f-6678a2c61909_zps51fea571.jpg


 photo IMG_3730_zpsacd91bec.jpg

I'm linking up today with The Pleated Poppy, Transatlantic Blonde and Wardrobe Wednesday, Because Shanna Said So and Mix & Match Fashion.

If you haven't heard about my triathlon yet and you're eager to read all about it, you can check it out here! =)

8 comments:

TaraMixandMatch said...

Aw, how cute! And the shorts are cute too :)

Cara said...

Oh wow, she is cute. But we grow up at 18? I've got a few people that will be news to! I love your shorts. All of them. The colours? The prints? I'm very jealous!

Style Journey said...

Once they hit 18, I still don't think they totally grow up :) I love love love this outfit!

Leah said...

My niece is 5 and just cries 'cause her Dad tells her she can't get married right now :) I don't know why she has such ideas in her head!

Love the neon with your patterned shorts! I wonder if our Maurices is having blowout sales!!

Unknown said...

Oh boy, why did you tell me Maurice has their final clearance. Now I feel the sudden need to get there ASAP before everything gets snatched up. I love the top and shorts together. CUTE!

BTW - growing up is kinda scary. ;) Too adorable from your sweet one.

Andrea
www.mommainflipflops.com

Unknown said...

Such a sweet story - and I love those shorts!

Cate @ Wild Ruffle said...

Funny - my kids are always itching to grow up as fast as possible. I'm always trying to slow them down!

Melaina25 said...

Never heard of Maurices but who doesn't love a sale?

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰