Thursday, August 1, 2013

Snack Attack

Can you believe that the first day of school is just around the corner? I am astonished at how quickly this summer has flown by.  As I gear up for my second year of teaching, I'm also gearing up for my Little Guy to begin kindergarten. *sigh*

What is it that most moms struggle with during the school year?  Coming up with healthy lunch and snack ideas for their kids! Who am I kidding?  Even as a teacher, I'll often race out of the door with a package of Pop-tarts and a soda as my only sustenance for the day.  Well, if you have that problem, too, let me tell you that eMeals is here to rescue you!

With all new subscriptions, eMeals is offering you a 31-Day Snack Calendar. That's an entire month of healthy snacks like this cute, clever and incredibly simple snack.


 photo snack_sugarcone_zpsc86cfddb.jpg
Sugar Cone Crunch

Simply fill up a sugar cone with chopped apples, raisins and mini marshmallows. My kids would die for this. The mini marshmallows and cute cone will make it feel like a special treat and the apples and raisins keep it healthy.

Not only is eMeals offering you 31 days of healthy snacks, they also want to share a Back to School Survival Kit (for free!) that includes a Back to School checklist, printable lunch notes and a 1-week free trial of the eMeals lunch plan!  Check it out, friends, and let it make that first week of school a little bit easier.

While you're at it, go ahead and sign up for one of their many dinner plans and let eMeals make your menu (and grocery list!) every week.  You can even use the code SCHOOL15 to save 15% on any new purchase!  The first few weeks of school are incredibly stressful and busy for teachers and parents alike. If it weren't for eMeals, I have a feeling we'd survive on frozen pizza, take-out and mac-and-cheese. Since eMeals makes grocery shopping, meal planning and even cooking dinner simple, I get to pretend to be super mom and give my family a home-cooked meal nearly every night. I let them think I'm great, but really, it's just eMeals making life easier for me. ;)

How do you survive the first few weeks of school when you're struggling to get into a routine?

I'm linking up with Still Being Molly and Rolled Up Pretty.

3 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I think I need to use these ideas to come up with fun snacks for Me! ;o)

Cara said...

I see marshmellows... and that makes it delicious!!!

oomph. said...

i used to make home lunches for my kids, but it's too stressful! they get school lunches!

love the snack idea here...would definitely check it our for those snack ideas!

[oomph.]
$150 Old Navy Giveaway!
$150 Target Giveaway!