Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Summer!

My very first year of teaching is coming to a close. It's a bittersweet time. I'll be sad to say goodbye to this little batch of students that have caused me so much laughter, a few headaches and the occasional tear. Watching them grow this year has been amazing! While I'm a bit sad to see this school year come to an end, I'm also incredibly excited to spend my first summer home with my own kids!

I envision a summer full of trips to the beach, library visits, watching rainy days from the couch. It'll be so much fun!

That being said, I've decided to begin my summer starting June 1st with a spending freeze. That word is like a bad word to me. Spending and freeze in the same sentence?!? *gasp* It's like a torture method or something! But if I'm not going to break the bank (or make my husband crazy), then I have to determine that I'm not spending money. I figure the best way to do it is to go into the summer without spending any money at all. Then I can start increasing my spending from there.

I really have been somewhat of an awful spender lately. I mean, okay, every single thing I've purchased has been on clearance, but still! When you buy 10 things on clearance, it adds up, ya know?  Which brings us to this little dress.


 photo IMG_2263_zps9ed52173.jpg
Dress: Target ($13)
Belt: Kohls (Came with a dress)
Sandals: A random little shop in New Orleans ($10)

Target also had this little dress in pink! I wish (especially since June begins tomorrow!) that I had picked it up.


 photo IMG_2262_zps716bcd42.jpg
Jewelry: Premier Designs Jewelry


 photo IMG_2261_zps34390c10.jpg

Have you ever gone on a spending freeze? I've done them before but it's been a while! Wish me luck. =) Maybe I should run out and do a little shopping today, right? ;)

I'm linking up today with Passion for Fashion, Long Distance Loving and Two Thirty-Five Designs

13 comments:

Pidg said...

Such a pretty outfit. I love how you paired the yellow in there making the outfit pop!

Unknown said...

what a pretty dress! xo

Cara said...

Congratulations on a first successful year! My biggest advice for not spending money is to look up all the free things to do in your city... mark them on the calendar or make a list... and then next time you think: "But I want to do something" you have no excuse to spend money!

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

I'm sure it's bitter sweet. I hope you have an amazing summer break. You look absolutely beautiful! Thanks for linking up with us for Passion for Fashion, xoxo

Shea Lennon said...

That dress is an awesome find! Gotta love Target... I think I have a serious addiction. The end of the year can be bittersweet, but it sounds like you have a fun summer ahead of you!

free style creating by Villy said...

super cute dress!!!

Lena B, Actually said...

A spending freeze is a GOOD idea! I should join you!
thanks for linking up with us for Passion For Fashion!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love those sandals lady!

oomph. said...

i've never put myself on an official freeze, but i guess i will watch my spending from time to time...especially when kids' tuition is due!

love the yellow belt with the blue dress!

[oomph.]
Win a Pretty Blue Satchel!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

You're too freakin cute! :)

Life's a shoe said...

great dress! the colors and prints are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Happy Summer! I can wear the beautiful one shoulder dresses

Anonymous said...

ӏ'm curious to find out what blog system you are using? I'm expеriеncіng some minor secuгіtу
problems with my lаtеst blog and Ӏ'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?

My web-site - aloes forever