Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teacher Style: Stripedy Stripes

We've begun preplanning this week, which means that not only do I get to meet my students at the end of the week, but I also get to start wearing real clothes and shed my "mom uniform" until the weekend. ;) Let me tell ya, I'm pretty excited that I get to dress up a bit more that I have in a while!

As school begins, I'll be getting busier and busier. I'm going to attempt a bit of a schedule and blog on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Sundays, you'll get a little bit of church style, along with an inspirational post if I'm feeling at all inspirational. I mean, I know I'm not all that eloquent, but if I'm feeling it, I'll post it.  On Wednesdays, we'll get a bit of teacher style and I'll share my teacher looks, along with any students stories I may have to share. Aaah, I can't wait for the student stories! I love those kids.  And then on Fridays, I'll share a weekend look with a story or two from my real kids... you know, the ones I gave birth too? Yeah, so that'll be the schedule for the next little bit.  And with that, let me give you my teachery looks for this week.

Monday

 photo IMG_4338_zps341693fe.jpg
Dress & Belt: maurices
Necklace & Shoes: Target
Bracelets: Mostly Target
Bag: Aldo

 photo IMG_4340_zpsfb81c241.jpg

 photo IMG_4339_zps044a94c0.jpg

Tuesday


 photo IMG_4349_zps35de4e34.jpg
Shirt & Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: Target
Sneakers: TJMaxx
Necklace: Rue 21
Bracelet & Rings: Kohls


 photo IMG_4348_zps4c3f0864.jpg

So, there you have it, friends. This is my teacher style and I'm happy to be back at it. 

19 comments:

Cara said...

You're a friggin' adorable looking teacher! I would have loved to be in your class! I'm sure all the of the girls love to look up to you, and all the boys love the colours!

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle said...

Awwwww you are a teacher? You must run a fun class. Loving the first dress. The colorful stripes are like summer all over again.

Lindsay Patrick said...

I love the bright stripped dress, it's so fun and perfect for teaching! Visiting from the Whatever Whenever Wednesday link up today, hope you have a great day!

Lindsay
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

TaraMixandMatch said...

I'm so loving that striped dress!

Style Journey said...

Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that first outfit. You have to be one of the coolest teachers :) Most of the teachers at Miss M's school dress nothing like that, ha ha!

Mama S said...

such a lovely look on you. loving the dress!

smk053078 said...

That stripe dress!!!!! I never think to go into Maurices...I need to change that!! Super cute!!

rlutz said...

That dress is so fun... Very you!! I also love you way you style sneakers!!

Robin Hardeman said...

Oh love the striped dress, very versatile with the bright colors. I'm sure the kids loved it too!
http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

Priscilla - Wheelchair Mommy/Stylish Gimp said...

love the stripes :)

bright awesome colors.

Tricia @ The Domestic Fringe said...

I really love that dress...so cute on you.

The girls in your class must talk about your clothes all the time. My daughter had a fashionista teacher in 4th grade and she still about her outfits.
~FringeGirl

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Good luck with work starting. Love the sneakers under the dress...
Daphne.

Elizabeth said...

Love your stacked bracelets and rings in look #1! :)

Emma Henderson said...

You must be the coolest teacher in school!

Katie Slatton said...

Love the striped dress! Super cute :)

Katie
Style Diary

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

That dress! I love it, the stripes, colors and arm candy are precious. Too cute!

Chris I. Burke said...

your Stripedy Stripes looks so stylish. you look so amazing.

guess watches sale

Lauren @ Style of Ones Own said...

That striped dress is fantastic! Have a great school year! I know, it gets tough to blog with everything going on.

Lauren
Style of One's Own

Lauren @ Style of Ones Own said...

That striped dress is fantastic! Have a great school year! I know, it gets tough to blog with everything going on.

Lauren
Style of One's Own